“Money and other political and economic means must serve, not rule.” POPE FRANCIS, LETTER TO G8 MEETING, JUNE 2013
The Catholic Development Fund (CDF) assists diocesan agencies, parishes and schools with the management of their finances—offering a competitive range of investment and savings products.
Since 1961, the CDF has been helping the Diocese of Wollongong to achieve its pastoral mission by lending funds to parishes, schools and diocesan agencies at low cost so they don’t need to borrow money commercially.
Operating as a “not for profit”, and after making a provision for reserves, the CDF distributes its surplus to the diocese to support its charitable and pastoral works.
Catholic Development Fund
Catholic Diocese of Wollongong
PO Box 1494 (38 Harbour Street)
Wollongong NSW 2500 Australia
Ph: 1800 047 703
Fax: 1300 765 711
Email: [email protected]
Our diocesan logo is theologically rich and very succinct. As a hand, it depicts our mission as a diocese and as individuals within the diocese, of bearing (bringing, carrying) Christ’s love to one another and to the world around us. In this, we are the hand of Jesus Christ, and we are offering ourselves to him so that he might work through us.
We can be the bearers of his love only as a response to his call and in the strength of his grace. We are reminded of this in two ways—through the symbol of the dove (the Holy Spirit) also present in the logo, and by the incorporation of the cross that segments the logo. The presence of the cross is a reminder that bearing the love of Christ will inevitably cost us if we live it authentically. However, in the way that the Cross is the portent of redemption and life—an echo of the tree of life in the book of Genesis—so becoming bearers of the love of Christ will also bring us to life.
The four fingers of the hand also represent the four regions of our diocese. The first is bluerepresenting the beautiful water of the Shoalhaven. The second is a blue and green combination representing the waters and escarpment of the Illawarra. The third is greendepicting the hills and plains of the Macarthur. The fourth is dark green illustrating the forests of the Southern Highlands.