Tribunal of the Catholic Church
The Tribunal is a service of the Diocese of Wollongong to assist with the pastoral care of divorced and remarried persons seeking to have their marriage recognised in the Church, divorced persons seeking to remarry, and divorced persons seeking clarification of their standing in the Church.
The Wollongong Tribunal operates as part of the Regional Tribunal of the Catholic Church for NSW & ACT.
- Pope Francis issued a new motu proprio [new laws] regarding the process used in Marriage Tribunals. The new laws comes into effect on 8 December 2015, the same day the Year of Mercy begins. Click here to view some Frequently Asked Questions
- Catholic Church on Marriage & Annulments (40.8 kB)
- Documents and forms for the celebration of Marriage in the Diocese of Wollongong
- Frequently asked questions about divorce, annulments, re-marriage and more
- more than 40 questions and answers!
- For your marriage:
Every marriage matters, because marriage comes from the hand of God. God brings a man and a woman together to love and support each other. Their love becomes visible in the children they bring into the world and in their acts of generous service.
In Catholic teaching, the valid marriage between two baptised Christians is also a sacrament.
The love between the spouses symbolises Christ’s love for the church.