Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office
The Australian Catholic Migrant and Refugee Office is dedicated to the acceptance and settlement of Refugees and Migrants into Australia, doing this especially by efforts to influence Government policies in this area. It also seeks to form Catholic Church policy in Australia for the Pastoral Care of Refugees and Migrants.
The work of ACMRO can best be described by the mandate which it has been given by the Bishops:
- To advise and serve the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference at both a national and international level on migrant and refugee issues, including the development of Church policy.
- To act as an official Church voice as approved by the Bishops Conference on issues relating to migrants and refugees.
- To act as a channel of communication between Diocesan Offices and the Bishops Conference.
- To provide a mechanism for effective consultation and coordination among Catholic bodies and other groups involved in migrant and refugee activities.
- To make appropriate representation to Government and other bodies on matters relating to migrants and refugees.
- Address: GPO Box 2720, Canberra ACT 2601
- Rev Maurizio Pettena CS
- Tel:: 02 6201 9848
- Fax: 02 6247 7466