- An international volunteer sending agency to reduce poverty through its skill exchange program.
- Palms Australia started in Sydney in 1956 as the Paulian Association.
- Groups formed in around 100 communities to identify local issues, reflect on values and take appropriate action to address social inequality and assist people in need.
- After identifying that similar issues needed to be addressed globally, in 1961, the program was extended to communities overseas which request the placement of volunteers to assist develop health, education and other facilities.
- More recently Palms volunteers have been opening our hands to the world in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, including countries such as Tanzania, East Timor, Papua New Guinea and Aboriginal Australia.
Web site: http://www.palms.org.au