Caritas Diocesan Director
Diocese of Wollongong
- Leading International Aid and Development Agency.
- Part-time (15 hours per week), permanent role, based in Wollongong – immediate start.
- Passionate in promoting social justice across the Wollongong Diocese.
Caritas Australia (CA) is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person and of the whole person, regardless of people’s religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
The Caritas Diocesan Director Diocese of Wollongong will support and lead Caritas Australia’s Mission and assist in developing relationships and partnerships with parishes, schools, universities, volunteers, Diocesan Directors, Diocesan agencies and the wider community.
This role will advocate key Fundraising Campaigns including Caritas Australia’s Annual Lenten Fundraiser - Project Compassion, Emergency Appeals, Planned Giving and other local community fundraising.
How to Apply for This Role
- To apply for this job visit www.caritas.org.au/jobs/positions-vacant and view the full Position Description.
- Please send your application to by 5pm AEST Monday 20 November 2017.
- Applications must specify residency or work visa status, include a CV and a Cover Letter which addresses the Selection Criteria indicated in the referred Position Description.
- For further information please contact Fr. George Sigamony on +61 499 022 915.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED WITHOUT ADDRESSED SELECTION CRITERIA
Caritas Australia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Caritas Australia welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of children towards whom it has a special responsibility and duty of care and respect. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working With Children Check (WWCC).