Child Protection Policy
The Diocese of Wollongong, consistent with its Mission Statement, affirms the dignity and worth of all children in its care. The Diocese has a strong commitment to the wellbeing, belonging and security of children. All persons performing ministry in any capacity within the Diocese are expected to promote child safety and wellbeing and provide an environment which fosters the child's developmental needs, spirituality, self-respect and dignity.
The Diocese is committed to:
- Implementing protective systems and practices;
- Planning safe and supportive environments; and
- Responding appropriately to disclosures of abuse and concerns of inappropriate behaviour toward children.
The Child Protection Policy (Working Draft) is accompanied by four supporting documents:
- Child Protection Procedures (Draft)
- Code of Conduct (Draft)
- Ten Points to Create Safe Environments for Children
- Head of Agency Charter (Revised October 2016)
See also the Catholic Education Office's Child Protection and links at www.dow.catholic.edu.au